DIY Gardening Tips

Garden Tips

Sunday, November 9, 2008

[ediblecontainergardens] List Owner AWOL No More... (Completely off-topic)


I'm back, and back to Windows....

The version of Linux (Mandriva) my husband installed on my antique and very
under-powered computer just won't run adequately on this PC. It could deal
with only one application at a time... and that one application was dealt
with slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly....

Plus (the deal breaker!) my email program (Agent by Forte) would not run at
all on my PC under Linux, although it runs fine on my husband's PC (using
the same version of Linux). There is *only one* program that I care
passionately about, and Agent is it.

My husband is an IT professional, and knows what he is doing. However, he
did not realize that the combination of my antique computer and a modern
version of Linux would be so very incompatible until we experienced it.

My computer is back to Windows now.

Brian actually has another PC that I can use, it's much more powerful and
newer than mine. I have not been using it only because the darned thing is
so terribly noisy that I cannot stand it (dual processor). He'll look for
a super quiet fan for it, and maybe then I can switch to the more powerful
PC and Linux.

The whole exercise was just a waste of a considerable amount of Brian's
time. Darn. Well, some things cannot be helped.

Pat

-- northern Pennsylvania
Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

"Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of
supply and demand. It is the privilege of human beings to
live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry

__._,_.___
To join our Seed Exchange list, go to:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ecgexchange/

Need help with your membership? 
Email: ediblecontainergardens-owner@yahoogroups.com
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Best of Y! Groups

Check it out

and nominate your

group to be featured.

Yahoo! Groups

w/ John McEnroe

Join the All-Bran

Day 10 Club.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

The Herb Gardener

Gotta Garden

Backyard Style