DIY Gardening Tips

Garden Tips

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Re: [ediblecontainergardens] Garden's Alive Fertilizer

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 19:32:44 -0000, you wrote:

>So, last season I got the Garden's Alive fertilizers. I got the
>tomato, vegetable and herb. I stored them in plastic ziplock bags, and
>I just went out to go look at them, and there are little brown bugs in
>the fertilizer! The bags are all sealed, with no holes. So I have no
>idea how they got in there!
>
>Can I still use this? Or am I going to have to toss them and get new
>bags? It's not cheap stuff!
>
This is what I would do: I'd stick in the freezer for a few days to kill
the bugs - then take it out of the freezer and wait about a week - then
back into the freezer for 3 or 4 days (the second freeze would get any eggs
that have hatched).

Then I would go ahead and use it next season.

Pat
-- northern Pennsylvania
Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

"Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of
supply and demand. It is the privilege of human beings to
live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry

__._,_.___
To join our Seed Exchange list, go to:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ecgexchange/

Need help with your membership? 
Email: ediblecontainergardens-owner@yahoogroups.com
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Groups

Everyday Wellness Zone

Check out featured

healthy living groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Group

Join a group for

people who love cats

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

The Herb Gardener

Gotta Garden

Backyard Style