DIY Gardening Tips

Garden Tips

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Re: [ediblecontainergardens] Thanks Pat!

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:55:01 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Thanks Pat for all of the help and advice you give. 
>And also for introducing me to Komatsuna greens.  They are great.  They remind me of collards but they are more tender, and fast growing. My boyfriend says they taste like mustards but I don't think I've ever tasted mustards before.  I've been doing "strange" things with them.  Strange to me (being from the south) means anything other than boiling greens in smoked turkey or cured pork.  I cooked them with crookneck squash and onions.  For breakfast this morning I made an omelet with greens, onions, mushrooms, blue cheese and cheddar. It was very tasty!

I agree; komatsuna is a terrific plant! It has EVERYTHING a gardener (or a
person who eats!) would want. :)

Pat
-- northern Pennsylvania
Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

"Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of
supply and demand. It is the privilege of human beings to
live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry

__._,_.___
To join our Seed Exchange list, go to:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ecgexchange/

Need help with your membership? 
Email: ediblecontainergardens-owner@yahoogroups.com
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

The Herb Gardener

Gotta Garden

Backyard Style